Memories (Part3)

My Zimbio
Suddenly Latoya returns to the training room with a bouquet of orange roses in a Cylinder lighted vase “There were flowers delivered this morning with only your first name attention to, I figured they belonged to you.” While a baffled look moves across my face Shelia decided to congratulate me “wow second day on the job and you get flowers? Unbelievable.” I’m in awe, trying to ponder who they may be from while Latoya holds out the card. I suppose my reflexes wasn‘t quick enough for Shelia she was egger to know from whom. “Lucy, What a beautiful name…” I yelled “oh god, it’s the guy from the restaurant!” Sarcastically spoken Sheila replied “Oh gee how sweet” then continues reading “I really hoped I would have heard from you last night. If your wondering how I found out your place of employment a friend of mine has been interested in your friend.” She suddenly stops reading the card disgusted at the last statement she screams out “ um what guy is he referring about please don’t say it was that tired gangster boo that was with him yesterday cause I don't do thugness.” Interrupting Shelia in her “Don’t Do” speech Latoya comes in to inform Shelia that she is needed by Mrs. Gregory. Shelia is defiantly a character she continued fussing as she walked out, hilarious I tell you.

Later that evening I decided to finish unpacking I never really took notice to how certain items carry memories and fears. I try not to think about my past so that I may focus on the future instead of dwelling. But of course its not always that simple, and before you know it something triggers your memory bank and you’re a ball of emotions demanding some sort of excuse for why. As I gaze at the photo of myself cheesing of happiness standing in my valentines day costume taken by my ex-husband. I then realize, that the woman standing in the far, who onlookers would assume to be a random person caught in the shot would actually be my ex-husbands deceased lover who to him was in the wrong place at the wrong time but to her she was a woman in love curious about the man in her life and what he was doing with another woman. Crying as I continue to reminisce the phone rings. “Hello?… Hello?” again no one replies…


Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment