Disarray (Part 1)


Words of uncertainty and curiosity quickly changes the setting, as it turns from preparation to consummate, to an epiphany. I pause, unsure how I ended here? He, contains his composure speaking ever so gently in a confident tone to answer my inquisitive thoughts. I just can’t fathom the verity which sits plan and clear on my left ring finger. How did this happen? As questions continue to surf across my brainwaves there is a continued distraction, an unlisted number scrolls across my mobile with a familiar area code. I answer and a unknown voice tells me that my brother has locked himself outside of my home, I speak out “preposterous” before pressing the end call button. Unable to finish the discussion with Kevin, whom I’m now to believe has become my husband, I’m very distraught about the phone call I had continued to receive and yet the same number slides across the screen once more.

I take the call in a dismayed tone, I arise from the side of the bed grab my robe slide on my slippers and proceed to walk out of the luxurious hotel suite leaving Kevin in a fretfulness disposition. Closing the door behind me in between the annoyance of my placement (knowing my brother was incarcerated) and the extensive lap around the hotel, I can’t help to notice how immaculate and vast the hotel seemed. “Where was I”? Ending back at my suite I see a male figure approaching me, anxiously grabbing the door handle the figure becomes more distinct. Its my brother?!? “Carl”?

Releasing the door handle, I disconnect from the unknown caller. In disbelief and curiosity I ask “What are you doing here”? before he can reply there is a loud thump which interrupts our startling reunion. Disturbed by the sound from the suite my new husband and I share, I immediately direct my attention towards finding out Kevin‘s safety, but when I went to open the door the handle was gone, Humph? Odd. I just had my hand on the door handle just a few seconds ago. I knocked on the door calling out to Kevin but my knocks went unanswered. Suddenly a grinding sound crawled up the door, this was becoming quite bewildering. I turned to look at my brother who was standing in the exact place I left him showing no signs of emotion, in my peripheral view I noticed the door next to our suite was ajar. With out thinking twice I quickly entered the room mentioning to my brother “I’ll be right back”. I walked towards the window hoping to find a connecting balcony but I ended up finding a tube coming from out of our suite connecting to a truck and it seemed to be filling the room with dirt “what the… What is going on?” I walk out of the room even more puzzled, did Kevin give me some sort of drug, have I become delusional? I decided to knock on the door again calling out to Kevin in fear that something has gone awry and as I scream out to  him I hear in a faint distance “Lucy… Lucy!” I turn towards my brother with a mystifying look, and again he shows no reaction he just stands there unexpressive. Trying to comprehend this unusual situation, I suddenly hear that same faint voice call out again. “Lucy… Lucy!” I express to my brother “wait here”.

Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H
My Zimbio

No comments:

Post a Comment