Site Of My Demise (Part 16)

My Zimbio


3:23am I awake starring at the ceiling lights, inhaling oxygen as if breathing for the first time. I seem to be lying in a bed, and suddenly I feel a rush of pain running from the front scattering towards the back of my head, then settling like a crowed that has calmed down from excitement. My eyes wonder around in mystery, it seems I’m the ER?!? I see Officer Puerile sitting in a chair next to me holding my hand, I feel a slight headache and a touch groggy but quite curious. “Oh Lucy, are you okay, how you feeling?” Officer Puerile asked, at this point my feelings are wondering how I have no memory of getting here. “What happened?” I asked. “We were at the jazz restaurant and you went into the rest room five minutes later a woman found you passed out in one of the stalls.” He said, “I passed out?” I questioned, how could I have possibly passed out? Officer Puerile continued. “The doctor said you’re showing symptoms of a mild concussion, from the attack the other night.” I’m mortified; I’ve never had something like this happen before. “Wait! You said a woman found me?” I asked, he responded “Yeah a…” cutting him off from excitement I said, “Christy?” he replied. “You know her?”  “She’s my, or was… I don’t understand… how could she…” I could barely finish a sentence. I was so confused as to what was going on. “What’s wrong Lucy?” Officer Puerile asked, I replied “She’s supposed to be dead?!?” Just then the doctor came into the room to check on me.  


“Ah Mrs. David I see you’re showing signs of alertness.” “What happen to me?” I asked, he replied “Well, The blow or jolt you suffered Friday morning disrupted some of the normal functions of the brain which we call a brain injury, or concussion if you will. We describe such injuries as “mild” because concussions are usually not life threatening, but the effects of a concussion can be serious.” “She had a concussion that night, even though she didn’t pass out?” Officer Puerile asked. “They don’t necessarily cause you to pass out; you can have a brain injury without losing consciousness. Because the brain is very complex, every brain injury is different. Some symptoms may appear right away, while others may not show up for days or weeks after the concussion. Sometimes the injury makes it hard for people to recognize or to admit that they are having problems, which is the reason for your abrupt visit tonight. I want to keep you overnight for observation, during this time I want to make sure you get in your rest as it is very important after a concussion, because it helps the brain to heal. Sometimes people who have had repeated brain injuries, such as yourself, may present problems later in life. These problems include difficulty with concentration, memory and sometimes with physical coordination.”

Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H

No comments:

Post a Comment