Internal Indicator (Part 17)

My Zimbio


My mind took me back to a conversation I had with Latoya regarding the ATL Killings. Her words kept echoing in my mind repeatedly, “You better hope you don’t run into that guy!” My mind sent me even further to the day Steven was arrested and how badly bruised I was from the constant physical and mental abuse. I can remember right before the authorities arrived Steven had just thrown me against the chest freezer where I found the twins bodies. I hit the freezer so hard slamming the top down which I didn’t know I left open. He stated “why couldn’t you be more like them, I gave you a chance to be sexual to me, to show me how much you loved me, but you blew it screaming and crying!” I was dumbfounded, I asked “What are you talking about; I gave you everything you wanted! There was nothing you asked I didn‘t provide!” he replied. “No, you didn’t, you squirmed, you cried, and ruined the whole fantasy!” I had no clue what Steven was talking about, “Steven I never cried when we made love, never!” Then out of the blue he hits me, and I dropped to the floor like a bird that’s been shot out of the sky. In a daze from the hit, I hear the police rushing down towards the basement. Steven takes the little bit of moments he has and quickly rips my skirt off, climbs on top of me from behind to whisper in my ear, “You know how much money I gave those guys so you could fulfill my fantasy!” The police yell out, “Freeze! Mr. David! get up Mr. David!” Zoning out I can hear Steven yelling as their reading him his rights, “You stuck up bitch! All I wanted you to do was enjoy it! You fucked this whole marriage up, you know that!” “Lucy!” yelled Dr. Shelton, jerking me back to the present then continued, “Are you alright? I noticed you were a little zoned out.” “No, I was thinking about how to answer your question.” “I think that’s enough for today, let’s continue this tomorrow same time.”

Later that afternoon Latoya and I were at a seafood restaurant awaiting the guys to join us. I asked her how her sessions were going with Dr. Shelton. “They’re okay he’s just doing his job, trying to get into our heads, you know to see if we’re crazy.” “So are you?” I asked. “Yeah!?! I found out how crazy in love I am with Vincent, Dr. Shelton had me realize that I should be brave enough to face loving him, or be brave enough to watch him be loved by someone else. It’s funny how dangerous situations reveal the truth. So how about you, how crazy are you?” Just as she asked her questions the guys show up, “Ladies!” shouted Officer Puerile as the guys walk towards the table. “Are you alright Lucy?” I wish everyone would stop asking me that. “Yes, I’m fine; I need to go to the rest room.” I felt like a ball of emotions. I continued thinking hard about the comment Latoya made regarding bravery to face love, or be brave enough to watch the one you love, be loved by someone else. Walking into the bathroom I stopped and gazed at my reflection as it stares back at me, pondering over my past and how it’s haunting me. Then unexpectedly, a thought just occurred to me, during the moments of Steven’s arrest, he spoke about a fantasy I didn’t fulfill, something about paying someone. 


Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H

No comments:

Post a Comment