Recollections and Inquiries (Part 10)

My Zimbio
  
Tuesday evening, I decided to make groceries after work, I had a taste for something Caribbean. While in the Store walking down the beans and rice isle, I decided to prepare Caribbean Chicken with Pineapple-Cilantro Rice. In making my decision I found myself a little mesmerized by the packages of brown rice. I hark back six years ago, the night of my parents’ anniversary. Steven and I had gifted them a dinner show. They both love Caribbean food and adore live jazz music; I smile as I reminisce of that evening. My parents enjoyed themselves so much; the images are so vivid mentally. The look my father had on his face as he gazed into my mother’s smile while dancing on a cloud of happiness, they both were stunning to look upon, an emblem of contentment that functioned throughout their veins. As I sit back in reverence, with the optimism of sharing that same adoration within my own marriage, this was also the introduction of my ex-husbands extracurricular activities. 

I remember a woman in a long fitting cotton candy evening gown; from afar walking over towards our table she looked ever so elegant. Hair pint up in a beautiful flower brimmed bun, her skin soft and smooth a look that resembles the color of peanut butter, as she continued to approach she had a look of distraught. Make-up smudge from wiping what appeared to be tears that persistently formed in the wells of her red and swollen pupils. I bear in mind the words that shot out of this woman’s mouth aimed directly towards my ex-husband, words that were so immensely brusque, a single band-aid would dare cover up each cut to the skin. The expression that was upon her face was confounded. But Steven act as though nothing was wrong, his demeanor unruffled, he leaned over towards me whispering ever so soft into my ear, then spoke the words “forgive me darling I am not familiar with this woman.” Steven had such a still tone in his voice. Then politely said to the woman “Ma’am I do apologize for your grief but I am unaware of who you are, could you have mistaken me for someone?” Steven is a very charming and polite man; he didn’t budge from his usual demeanor at all. Then unexpectedly I was jerked from memory lane by Officer Puerile. “Hey there! You need help with anything?” he said. I really didn’t need any help at that point but I didn’t mind his company so I decided to throw a sarcastic hint. “Well I’m actually pretty good at everything, but it’s a shame you won’t be around to help bring the bags in the house.” 

Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H

No comments:

Post a Comment