The Uncertainty (Part 11)

My Zimbio

9pm Wednesday evening, Latoya and I continue to wait patiently for a moment of sovereignty hoping not to be discovered. The petrified look upon Latoya’s face was defiantly intimidating, and it jogged a lucent memory of the time when I found Steven’s third victim. Cathy Hamilton, 29 years of age, no children, never married. Cathy worked as a dental assistant to a close personal friend of Steven’s. I found her body at a dog park I would frequently visit to clear my mind when things became complicated between Steven and I. I remember walking down one of the many walk paths and just as I came upon a split in the path, I see someone laid out on the grass near one of the picnic tables. My first thought was that this person was hurt because their dog was still trying to get their attention, but as I walked closer that someone became a woman who had been lying in a pool of blood. I yelled out to a couple of men I saw walking their dogs for help while checking her pulse hoping she still had some life to her. The men tried giving her CPR but resuscitating her was unsuccessful, luckily there was a police officer driving by who responded. That was my first time viewing a deceased person and yet at that moment I didn’t know she was affiliated with Steven. As the story blossomed in the news, her death became titled under foul play, and myself becoming a part of the story because I found the victim. The more the story progressed the more Steven enclosed me claiming sheltering from harm, but the more he so called sheltered the more the authorities uncovered and I became a suspect.

Latoya suddenly brings me out of my past state by saying “what is that?” We hear some sort of banging noise coming out of Shelia’s bedroom along with a murmur sound. As we continue to listen Latoya says “are they doing what I think there doing?” Unbelievable… I guess I shouldn’t be upset, after all Shelia did me a favor. Ten minutes goes by and the noises stop. There’s a moment of silence that comes over the entire house. And in that moment Latoya and I are beyond terrified, fearful to make any sudden moves. That moment lasted more like 4 hours, and then suddenly we hear a car alarm sound outside. It was Latoya’s car going off “Oh my god! that’s my car, someone‘s messing with my car?” she said. “Can you turn it off from here” I asked, as she fumbled with her purse looking for the keys, she forgot that our objective was to be quiet, and her fumbling triggered Andre‘s ears. As Andre walks out of the bedroom into the hallway to get a clear sound, we froze like ice cubes; we were so nervous watching through the cracked closet door. We watched as Andre walked into the spare bedroom and just as he got close to the closet door to make the discovery, his cell phone rings. “Yeah! Man look, I gotta a problem I need help with. I know man I fucked up. It just happened… I didn’t think. Yeah… naw I don’t have non left. Alright I’m on my way” After he ended his call I watched him stare at the closet door as if we were having a stare off. I just knew he saw me, and then he left, walked back down the stairs and left out the house. Latoya and I both gave a sigh of relief, “let’s get our butts out of here and leave the happy couple be” said Latoya then it hit me. All this time Shelia was in the house, when we came in she was here. Something didn’t seem right, so I said “wait! Let’s check on Shelia.” Latoya was not interested she was ready to go before Andre came back, but I didn’t feel right about leaving without checking for myself.


Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H

No comments:

Post a Comment