Crazy Knows No Limit (Part 9)

My Zimbio

4:50pm, the Switchboards have now started to wine down and most of my co-workers were elated to end the hardest workday of the week. Mrs. Gregory stopped in to see how I was holding up before she left for the day; I informed her that everything was going smoothly. I really like Mrs. Gregory; she has really gone out of the way to make my transition more comfortable. I am extremely lucky to work for her, she has an enormous amount of trust in me, she's entertaining, and the amazing part is her ability to be human, while making work fun, easier and at the same time professional. She stated to me that she enjoys having me around and is quite impressed at how fast a learner I am. She says to me “I wanted to make sure your transition went smooth because I know you’ve been through quite an ordeal.” Whoa red flag, what does she mean she knows I’ve been through quite an ordeal? I said to her “what do you mean?” she replied “Ms. David I am aware of what happen and the reason why you relocated.”

I immediately showed a concerned look, she continued “don’t worry Ms. David no one knows but me, I heard they linked two more bodies to him and well, I just want you to know that if you needed someone to confide in I’m here for you.” I really didn’t know what to say at this point it was like being put on the spot. Feeling embarrassed all I could think to say was “Thank you Mrs. Gregory I appreciate that.” She followed by saying Ms. David please I didn’t want to impose; frankly I admire your courage. If I may, how did you know?” I really didn’t want to relive the horror but in order to know you’re over something you have to be able to talk about it. I explained to Mrs. Gregory how I began to piece together some of the clues, how photos taken of me by my ex-husband had un-suspecting women in the background who just so happen to come up missing and then found dead. How all of a sudden as the news and authorities began to crack down on finding a killer who has become quite sloppy with his victims, my ex-husband’s grip on me became tighter making sure I didn’t hear or read about anything pertaining to what they had begun to call the Lake Shore Drive Killer. My ex-husband began to make my life crazy giving much meaning to the phrase Crazy knows No Limit. Then the phone interrupts, it was Shelia’s sister looking for her, she’s distraught because she can’t get in touch with Shelia. Hmm…

Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment