Awkward Situations (Part 7)


My Zimbio



It’s about 8:25pm; I meet Dr. Shelton at this beautiful extravagant Sea Food restaurant near downtown Atlanta. While waiting on our appetizers, we started our conversation about him in regards to his personal life. Of course making it dramatic as possible I think that’s how he lures his potential prospects in, but I never took the bait. He just strikes me as a weirdo, and there he goes again pulling out his own dinner ware along with a crystal chardonnay glass and a handkerchief. Are you serious? I just had to ask “Do you have a problem with the way the restaurant cleans there dishes?” he replies “What? Oh (laughs) no it’s a habit I suppose people have to touch the utensils after they come out of the dishwasher and you know some folks don’t clean their hands.” Wow!?! Okay reality check I need a time out, so I excuse myself from the table, as some women would say “powder my nose.”  He stands up to signify manners as I remove myself from the table.

I swear I ran to that bathroom like Sofia running in the fields to confront Celie in the movie The Color Purple. I panicked, so I called Latoya while pacing back and forth. I explained to her what led up to this event and that, “I must be jinxed or something. Can you please explain to me why this man brought his own dishes to a restaurant, I can’t do this he’s freaking me out?” Latoya suggested that I have to leave early on a personal matter, but I’ve already used that excuse so he couldn’t find out exactly where I lived. As I’m stumped on what my next move is Latoya is prepping herself for the night club and I thought Hum, you’re going to be my excuse so don’t go anywhere. I’ll tell him you called needing my help; you have the stomach flu or something. Okay. I did it; I walked back to the table and gave him this made up excuse about Latoya having stomach flu, and got the heck out of dodge without putting my foot in my mouth. I kind of feel bad having to lie, I mean after all I am an adult who doesn’t like to hurt people’s feelings. Ugh, I need to work on my action of authority. 

Want to read more? Buy the book on Amazon or Kindle...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KXIJ474/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_awdm_rIlNtb0HPKN1H

No comments:

Post a Comment